A couple of days ago, I decided to put my hacked Apple Studio Display to work, so I spent an hour cleaning most of the things off my desk. I then connected the monitor, but unfortunately it displayed no image, so I thought that Linux was being annoying and rebooted into Windows. It worked! I then booted back into Linux, which caused X to initially freak out (by reverting my 1080p screen's resolution to 640x480, which sucks, but you probably knew that already), but after a bit of terminal work and some button clicking, it worked! I deemed this setup to be enough (for now) and will hold off on buying the remaining parts for my quad 1080p setup. ;)
It works! (and my desk is a mess)
P.S. Apologies for the dearth of blog posts; I always end up squandering my time with Minesweeper (and now Freecell)!